Sojuzpatent organized a round table “Topical Issues of registration and protection of trademarks and other means of individualization” at the XXIV International Forum “Intellectual Property – XXI Century” on 27 April 2022.
Sojuzpatent’s Head of Trademark Department Tatiana V. Petrova and Head of Legal Department Maxim. V. Mikhailov moderated the round table. Tatiana Petrova initiated the discussion by remarks on legislative changes in the IP sphere, which had taken place during the preceding year. Apart from Sojuzpatent, among the speakers were representatives of the Russian Federal Customs Service, the RUPTO, Russian coordination center for TLD RU/РФ, Institute of Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the heads of business champions' IP departments, other prominent IP practitioners.
Main themes of the discussion:
1. Changes in the practice of protection and enforcement of rights to means of individualization over the past year
2. Practical issues of regulation of parallel imports and fighting counterfeit
3. Increasing the role of sociological surveys in the practice of protecting the rights to means of individualization
4. Development of judicial practice in challenging the decisions of Rospatent in the IP Court
5. Trademark infringement on the Internet
The International Forum “Intellectual Property – XXI Century” is the top Russian conference on IP issues held annually by the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The conference is timed to coincide with the celebration of the Days of Intellectual Property worldwide.