áThe Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federationá is a non-governmental, non-profit organization uniting its members for meeting the tasks and objectives set out in the Russian Federation Law on Chambers of Commerce and Industry in the Russian Federation and the Chamber's own Charter.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federationárepresents the interests of small, medium and big business and encompasses all business sectors ľ manufacturing, domestic and foreign trade, agriculture, the finance system and services.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federationápromotes the growth of the Russian economy and its integration into the world economic system andá provides favorable conditions for the advancement of all business sectors.
Goals and Tasks of the RF CCI:á
- Assistance to the modernization of the national economy, the broad introduction of innovations and the drawing of investments;
- Protection of the interests of the business community in governmental agencies and local authorities;
- Creation of an efficient system of expert appraisal of draft legislative and normative acts in the interests of entrepreneurs;
- Development of relations with the business communities in foreign states and international business organizations;
- Assistance to the efficient and constructive settlement of civil law disputes and development of mediating procedures;
- Promotion of principles of civilized business and social awareness in the business environment;
- Formation of a positive image of Russian producers of commodities and services.á
The system of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation comprises:
- 174 territorial chambers of commerce and industry;
- Over 200 federal unions, associations and other organizations of entrepreneurs and 500 regional business associations representing the key sectors of the Russian economy;
- About 50,000 enterprises and organizations of various forms of property.
The system of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Russia incorporates 34 committees in various spheres of activity and business areas and more than 1,000 committees, commissions, councils and other public units formed by territorial chambers.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation promotes the activity of over 60 Russian business councils with foreign states.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation is a member of the World Chambers Federation, the Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Eurochambers), the Council of the Chairmen of Chambers of Commerce and Industry in CIS Member Countries, the Confederation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Asian-Pacific Region countries and other international and regional organizations.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation renders the following services:
- Expert examination of goods and services;
- Appraisal of property;
- Holding of exhibitions, fairs and congresses;
- Intellectual property protection;
- Execution of documents related to foreign economic activity (certificates of commodity origin, ATA carnets and others), authenticates force majeure circumstances, trade and port customs;
- Information services and legal consultations;
- Keeping of nongovernmental registers of experts in goods inspection and property appraisal, and the Reliable Partners Register;
- Accrediting of representative offices of foreign firms and organizations in the Russian Federation.
The World Trade Center, Expocentre, Soyuzexpertiza, and Sojuzpatent associations are well known in Russia and abroad, along with over 350 other enterprises and firms set up by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation and territorial chambers of commerce and industry, which form the infrastructure servicing businesses at the federal and regional levels.
Bodies assisting the settlement of economic disputes operate under the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation:
- The International Commercial Arbitration Court;
- The Court of Arbitration for Resolution of Economic Disputes;
- The Maritime Arbitration Commission;
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport;
- The Association of Average Adjusters;
- The Panel of Mediators in Conciliation Procedures.
The International Press Center of the RF CCI organizers up to 100 press conferences and briefings per year to comment on:
- Key events held by the Chamber;
- Meetings of the President and the heads of the RF CCI;
- Adoption of key legislative and governmental documents.
áThe Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation is the founder of the CCI Inform Media Group and the publisher of:
áThe Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation is the heir to the rich traditions of domestic industrialists and entrepreneurs and to experience of interaction with the public and state power bodies.